Happy Friday & Happy St Patricks day!
Weekends are probably the only time when I get to make one of my favourite breakfast/brunch meals; the smoothie bowl. I love making these delicious bowls of goodness so as it is St Patricks day I thought I would blog about my most recent recipe my ‘Green Goodness’ smoothie bowl; plus one of these will be a good detox for tomorrow morning for those of you out celebrating tonight!
I usually just wing my smoothie bowls but I actually have the recipe for this one. I was worried how it was going to taste due to the kale and avocado blend but it was lovely! give it a try, see below for recipe.
- 1 Banana, sliced (leave 1/3 for topping)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and chopped into chunks
- 1/2 ripe mango chopped, peeled and chopped into chunks (leave some for the topping)
- 3 heaped tbsp low fat greek style yoghurt
- 50g kale, fresh or frozen
- 1 Scoop of Banana protein powder (you don’t have to add this in :-))
Pour all of the above into your blender and add a dash of water so that the frozen fruit doesn’t stick to the sides, blend to a thick smoothie consistency and pour into 1 bowl.
If you find the mixture is too thick, add some extra water.
If you find its too runny add some more banana or avocado as this will thicken the mixture.
- A handful of strawberries or raspberries chopped finely (use as much as you like :-))
- 1/3 Banana
- Mango chunks
- Muesli ( or you can use plain oats flakes)
Sprinkle the above on top & enjoy!
See below for more of my smoothie bowl ideas. I usually use berries in my smoothies so for the below I used raspberries, strawberries, blueberries,banana, mango, low fat greek yoghurt & then whatever I fancy that day, I use as a topping!
Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend!
Love, Nina x